Odo drive eliminators

25 replies to this topic
  • Jackazz

Posted April 28, 2005 - 05:53 AM

When did you get ahold of anyone at Barnums? I have left like 4 messages for them, begging for a call back about an odo. drive eliminator for an '05 wr450. I'm convinced they have gone out of business! The last time I left a message, I asked for a courtesy call just to tell me they don't have the spacer I want so I can go elsewhere to get one. :naughty: This has been over the span of a month, and not one call back. I am not at all impressed with Barnums at this point! :D

Sounds like you should call Flatland Racing, they're customer service & shipping are top notch, & very fast. :naughty:

1-877-375-5527

• L8TBRKR

Posted April 28, 2005 - 02:36 PM

Just remove the worm gear, cable etc., plug off the hole with a brass fitting and your done. Does the same thing as the machined spacer but for much less! Of course it doesn't look as trick though.

• thumped_blue

Posted April 29, 2005 - 09:44 PM

I would swear Barnum'sPro read my post. They called me today. Denise had been trying to get ahold of me but kept getting a wrong #. She was very nice and promised me a call when the odo. eliminators are fabricated. I take all that other stuff back. :naughty: She said Rob is now working with Big Gun...FYI

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JeffWR

Posted May 19, 2005 - 04:48 AM

You cant use the YZ spacer to eliminate the ODO unit! :)

Hey Indy,
I was thinking of buying the cheaper '05 YZ450 hub and right side spacer instead of the '05 WR hub and reusing the odo unit spacer, since I have the trailtech. So this will not work??? :D

Thanks for the help, Jeff

P.S. I want an extra rim mounted with trelleborg for winter riding.

• Jackazz

Posted May 19, 2005 - 11:22 AM

Hey Indy,
I was thinking of buying the cheaper '05 YZ450 hub and right side spacer instead of the '05 WR hub and reusing the odo unit spacer, since I have the trailtech. So this will not work??? :)

Thanks for the help, Jeff

P.S. I want an extra rim mounted with trelleborg for winter riding.

This will work ONLY IF you get the YZ hub. The YZ spacer does not work with the WR hub.

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 19, 2005 - 11:35 AM

If you really want to save money just remove the gear inside the stock odo unit and put a plastic cap on the cable connector and you have a poor mans odo eliminator. I ran like that for a year. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.