Chain rivit link

4 replies to this topic
  • frankstr

Posted February 15, 2005 - 08:15 AM

Has anyone have any insight on installing new chain with a rivit master link.?
Getting new chain and sprockets today and would like to do this myself :)

• sportbiker929

Posted February 15, 2005 - 08:42 AM

You need the tool. Rent/ borrow one if you can.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jws

Posted February 15, 2005 - 09:15 AM

i picked up the motion pro rivet kit from TT for like $90

• thumper245

Posted February 15, 2005 - 10:12 PM

If you are too cheap or don't want to wait you can use a grinder or dremel tool and grind down the rivet and use a punch to drive it out. If you do it that way make shure that it is on the rear sprocket so that it wont have tension on it. I bought the cheap chain breaker from rockymountainatv for 10 bucks while I ordered my new sprockets and chain. I think that the easyest way is the chain breaker. I have done both ways on bigger chains and motorcycle chains and the best/fastest way is the chain breaker. I think that it is worth the money.

• sportbiker929

Posted February 16, 2005 - 06:20 AM

You absolutely need the tool to do the rivit

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.