wr450 air box

3 replies to this topic
  • new2fourstrokes

Posted February 15, 2005 - 04:01 AM

hello everyone... my 450 went to the dyno today :p ;) :D :D if you haven't guessed it made good power 46hp first run.. :) then bugger me we took :) the side cover off where the small holes are she went to 49hp.. :D :D :o my question is do i leave it off or do i drill holes in side cover or can i buy one??? any help>>

• BubZ

Posted February 15, 2005 - 04:17 AM

First I would like to say that those dyno numbers actually reflect my seat of the pants numbers. The post from pro billet had them much lower and I used to ride a Honda CR500R so I knew my bike was making way more than he was showing!!

I wouldn't leave the cover off. There are several options but the most practical is the filtered inserts that you can install on the covers. You punch a hole with a hole saw and then the inserts snap in with a piece of filter material on the inside. I can't remember who makes them but I'm sure someone here will have that answer.

Once we get the answer, I'm going to put some on my bike as well.:) :)

Bud

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 15, 2005 - 04:35 AM

For deep water crossing the best way is to cut out the rear of the box above the fender and below the battery tray support web where the snorkel snaps in. See pic on http://wr450.com/photos_frame_full.htm

• thumped_blue

Posted February 16, 2005 - 09:14 PM

White Brothers make an air box vent kit. Drill the holes in the air box and little filters pop in.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.