does reckluse eliminate all stalling?

20 replies to this topic
  • rljjredhed

Posted February 14, 2005 - 02:17 PM

i am going to sell/trade in my bike because it sucks in tight trails, i know it is made for tight trails, but will the auto clutch total eliminate stalling, and does it make going up muddy/rocky hills easier? thanks for any input

• 642MX

Posted February 14, 2005 - 02:58 PM

It eliminates all stalling (when installed correctly). The rekluse makes the bike hook up better with less wheel spinning. Search this forum and you will read all kinds of information about the clutch set up.

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2005 - 03:26 PM

Of course not. Your bike is capable of stalling simply because it doesn't idle or idle down properly. But once you have it set up where it will idle nose up, nose down, while braking hard, or when the throttle is closed sharply, the auto clutch will take care of most of the rest.

• John_Lorenz

Posted February 14, 2005 - 04:43 PM

i am going to sell/trade in my bike because it sucks in tight trails, i know it is made for tight trails, but will the auto clutch total eliminate stalling, and does it make going up muddy/rocky hills easier? thanks for any input

Yes unless you foget to turn the Gas On :)

My 426 has not stalled on me once since installing the rekluse, the bike is a rocket in the woods now

To bad I cant hold on :)

• vanisland

Posted February 14, 2005 - 06:55 PM

Where I ride there are lots of tight trails, hills. I've had my bike for a little less than a year now and was having the same problem for the 1st few months, stalling all the time on tight sections and some hills. I'd been away from riding for quite a few years and thought it was just me, then I read all these posts about many other guys having the same trouble. Then found lots of posts about the Rekluse clutch, think I read just about everyone I could find. Decided to go for it and order the clutch. I was pretty amazed at the difference it made. The bike doesn't loose anything in performance and it turns into a great trail bike. It is still possible to stall, I've done it by blipping the throttle on a hill but this is not a clutch problem. Anyway I'd say keep the bike and get a Rekluse clutch.

• OldenPhatt

Posted February 14, 2005 - 07:27 PM

I had the same problem with tight trails on my 02 426 and installlng a Rekluse totally transformed it. I did actually manage to stall my bike once getting on the gas too late coming out of a corner, but for all intents and purposes it does eliminate stalling and I can ride easily through stuff that used to give me fits.

• BigDavey

Posted February 14, 2005 - 07:47 PM

I have only been a few short rides but I have not stalled my bike. That is a major accomplishment for me. I have only been riding for a few months and it showed on my clutch work. I would try the Rekluse before buying a new bike.

• thelimeyone

Posted February 15, 2005 - 02:34 PM

try the rekluse!!!
you wont believe the difference, my yz was useless in the woods, thats the price of buying an all out track bike, then expecting it to do something other than what it is intended to do, believe me they work fantastically well, i havent had a regret. (yz450)

• SBRacing

Posted February 15, 2005 - 02:58 PM

I have a DRZ400 that my YZ450 replaced It took some time to get used to riding the YZ in the tight stuff but now im fine ... I think the Rekluse is a easy way out of learning how to ride your bike or for some just flat out lazy

just my 2cents

• 426mankiller

Posted February 15, 2005 - 04:59 PM

My 426 has not stalled on me once since installing the rekluse, the bike is a rocket in the woods now

To bad I cant hold on :)[/QUOTE] :) :D :p

When I told my riding buddies I bought a 426, they said " oh my God you bought a MANKILLER" . When I rode it for the first time in my field, I thought "I'm going to die in the woods". When my riding buddies came out to my house to test ride it they said "you're going to kill yourself in the woods". I couldn't keep it running long enough in the tight stuff to kill myself in the woods, so I put a rekluse on it and now :D :D :o ;) :D is all I get out of it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted February 15, 2005 - 05:59 PM

I have a DRZ400 that my YZ450 replaced It took some time to get used to riding the YZ in the tight stuff but now im fine ... I think the Rekluse is a easy way out of learning how to ride your bike or for some just flat out lazy

just my 2cents

i've been riding 30+ years and know how to put the power down,but this thing is just amazing in the woods. that is exactly the way i sounded (ahh an automatic clutch is for 4 wheelers,bunch of pantywastes!!!) all i got to say is try one.

• vanisland

Posted February 15, 2005 - 06:49 PM

i've been riding 30+ years and know how to put the power down,but this thing is just amazing in the woods. that is exactly the way i sounded (ahh an automatic clutch is for 4 wheelers,bunch of pantywastes!!!) all i got to say is try one.

I agree with ncmountainman's comment, and felt the same way at first that this would be taking the easy way out.
Try one and you'll understand why eveyone raves about the Rekluse.

• 426mankiller

Posted February 15, 2005 - 07:31 PM

just my 2cents

:) The rekluse is new technology, embrace it. You can ride all day feathering your clutch lever, but you don't have to now. We all want a bike that is easier to ride or else we would still be on heavy dual shock beasts with 36mm forks and 4 inches of suspension travel and no button.

• Jetsprint2

Posted February 16, 2005 - 09:03 AM

Is the Rekluse good for MX. I have read some post that say it is useless for MX, but I also read a magazine article saying that all of the top riders on 450's during 2004 Nationals were running some sort of slipper clutch-RC, CR, DV, K-Dub. I am seriously thinking about getting one, I ride in the woods and MX about 50/50, at Novice Level. What do you guys think?

• ncmountainman

Posted February 16, 2005 - 10:03 AM

the slipper clutch is different in that it offers no resistance on decel,it freewheels. good for MX. the rekluse and such acts the same as a stock clutch on decel t'ill it hits the stall speed its set for(usually right above idle) and then it freewheels.good for the woods :)

• Tooldude

Posted February 16, 2005 - 10:15 AM

I love it on my 520 Exc. I was pretty good with the clutch work (not perfect by any means) but stalling is history. Also less arm pump for us old guys. The real advantage I have discovered is that you have more concentration on body mechanics, obsitacles, basically all the other techniques, because you eliminated thinking about clutch work! It definitely hooks up better in slippery situations and it's really nice to stop suddenly in any gear and your basically in neutral. Awesome product. :)

• 642MX

Posted February 16, 2005 - 11:51 AM

Is the Rekluse good for MX. I have read some post that say it is useless for MX, but I also read a magazine article saying that all of the top riders on 450's during 2004 Nationals were running some sort of slipper clutch-RC, CR, DV, K-Dub. I am seriously thinking about getting one, I ride in the woods and MX about 50/50, at Novice Level. What do you guys think?

I ride 95% MX and I know my lap times are faster with the Rekluse. Most of the time I nail the holeshot too. :)

• SBRacing

Posted February 16, 2005 - 12:38 PM

i would like to try one and see if my view changes im open to that for sure

• grayracer513

Posted February 16, 2005 - 05:37 PM

OK, here's a question: If you have a Rekluse set up so that it provides engine braking, and you happen to be approaching a corner at, say, 8000 rpm, when you let off the throttle, the engine stays coupled, right? What happens if you lock the rear wheel with the brake under those circumstances? Wouldn't the engine stall before the clutch had a chance to release?

• Chas_M

Posted February 16, 2005 - 10:05 PM

That scenario is a little extreme however the auto clutch is designed to release before the engine stalls.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.