kickstart slips some times 650R

3 replies to this topic
  • resslera

Posted February 14, 2005 - 01:57 PM

My bike only has a few hundred miles on it but I notice some times when I start it the kickstart will give an inch or 2 before it catches. I follow the drill of pushing until you feel the hard spot, push a few inches more with decompression lever, back up to top, and then start. It starts usually on the first kick but just wondering if I have a gear failing or something in the kickstarter or if this is common.

Again, when I kick everyonce in a while, It feels like it releases and then catches right away.

• 4strokedezracer

Posted February 15, 2005 - 12:12 AM

I have a 2000 650 and it has done the same thing from day one. Most times it kicks correctly but everyone once in awhile it will slip. I don't know what causes it, I have looked at the gear and replaced the spring to no avail. I just thought it was a early model problem. Anyone have an answer?

Dale Aastrom
DESERT M.C.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • resslera

Posted February 15, 2005 - 09:22 AM

Allright, atleast my Pig isn't the one that does this. It sounds atleast that yours hasn't gotten worse anyway. I can handle that if the same is true to my bike because it seems like a fairly rare thing.

• Winkel

Posted February 15, 2005 - 08:14 PM

Mine does it too occasionally. 200XR650R.

Winkel

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.