DS Mileage from a WR450

2 replies to this topic
  • airboy808

Posted February 14, 2005 - 10:54 AM

Hello EVeryone,

I am interested in finding out the amount of mileage some people have with their WRs that have been converted for Dual Sport duty. Also interested in hearing service intervals. I have read on one site that 500 mile oil changes and 1000 filter changes are fine.

Please advise of any experiences or issues encountered in dual sporting a WR450.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Raistlin

Posted February 14, 2005 - 11:08 AM

I have a 2002 wr250. I do not know how far they will go. I change my oil every 2 to 4 hrs of riding just to be safe. Oil is cheap, parts are expensive! I ride pretty hard when in the desert. I run the crap out of it on the track a couple times a month. I have not had to reshim my valves yet.. Just lucky I guess. My bike has the screen, not the actual filter, so I clean it every time I do the oil and check my valves about every 10 hrs or so.......... :)

• CHRIS_SARICH

Posted February 15, 2005 - 01:40 AM

Hello EVeryone,

I am interested in finding out the amount of mileage some people have with their WRs that have been converted for Dual Sport duty. Also interested in hearing service intervals. I have read on one site that 500 mile oil changes and 1000 filter changes are fine.

Please advise of any experiences or issues encountered in dual sporting a WR450.

Thanks

Are you sure the site said 500 miles or was it in kilometres. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.