Wheel Question/Problem

3 replies to this topic
  • sldietz

Posted February 14, 2005 - 09:36 AM

I bought a used front Excel wheel and it's in pretty good condition..the only problem is when I bolted the wheel up I noticed a lot of play in it on the axle...the spacers are correct. I was wondering if it could be the bearings and seals that are bad? Any ideas?

Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2005 - 09:48 AM

If the axle is tightened correctly, the play is in the bearings.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sldietz

Posted February 14, 2005 - 10:02 AM

The axle is tight and true...I bolted the old wheel back on just to make sure and there was very little to no play in that one...how hard is it to change out the bearings and seals...I'll just swap them from my old wheel to the new one.

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2005 - 10:35 AM

You can do that, but you'll have to be cautious not to damage the ball cage or integral seal plate, if any, when you drive the old bearings out. It's not too hard a job. Here's a guide to it: http://www.thumperfa...el_bearings.htm

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.