Throttle sticking wide open.

8 replies to this topic
  • FTD

Posted February 14, 2005 - 08:51 AM

My throttle started sticking wide open. I took the throttle cables off the carb... they flow freely... I advance the throttle on the side of the carb and it clicks then sticks wide open.
Any suggestions?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 14, 2005 - 08:59 AM

Look at the slide plate or the needle..

• Raistlin

Posted February 14, 2005 - 09:00 AM

Did you remove your throttle stop, or cut it off. If it is not in or is to short the throttle will stick wide open. If neither of these is the case, I would think there is dirt in your slide. Might need to pull the carb apart and clean it.... :)

• FTD

Posted February 14, 2005 - 09:19 AM

Shaved the throttle stop... I'll take the darn thing apart!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted February 14, 2005 - 10:08 AM

99% sure you cut the throttle stop too short. Order a YZ throttle stop and replace your cut one with that.

• FTD

Posted February 14, 2005 - 10:38 AM

99% sure you cut the throttle stop too short. Order a YZ throttle stop and replace your cut one with that.

I shaved that 2 years ago and the problem started 100 miles ago. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 14, 2005 - 12:56 PM

Sounds like a broken slide to me! Get into the carb asap! :)

• timcook

Posted February 14, 2005 - 05:04 PM

that brings to mind a question....what is this lube Yamaha refers to lube the carb slide with? I don't have my manual with me, but it's a term I've never come across.

• FTD

Posted February 15, 2005 - 07:29 AM

that brings to mind a question....what is this lube Yamaha refers to lube the carb slide with? I don't have my manual with me, but it's a term I've never come across.

Lubzall?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.