husky cr50

3 replies to this topic
  • higgy426

Posted August 09, 2001 - 09:19 PM

Has anyone bought the husky 50cr for thier kids?

If so should I?

My son is 6 and it will be his 1st bike.

others i am thinking about are the ktm and the pw50.

• tripm

Posted August 09, 2001 - 09:22 PM

What about the xr50?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terry_in_Reno

Posted August 09, 2001 - 09:50 PM

I bought a PW50 for my kid a few months ago and have been very happy with it. Starts easy, runs clean, and it is easy to set the throttle stop screw. Make sure there is lots of room the first time, cause there is no telling where they will go.
It has enough oomph to care me (200+lbs) around very fast. You need to keep your knees outside your arms and watch out for dragging toes.

• RoaDKill

Posted August 10, 2001 - 03:47 AM

6 years isn't extremely young, but for safety and ease of user, especially for really young kids or as a 1st time bike, the PW50 is probably the best - it has the auto clutch like several others, but also has a shaft drive, so there is nothing to chew up arms and legs when the dump it whil learning. There are lots of them around, they are reliable as hell and they haven't been changed much in years. I'd buy a good used pw50 (should be easy to find), let your child learn on that this year, then sell the PW for what you paid in the spring and upgrade him to the Husky or something when ready. I'm thinking of going this way myself and I really like the Husky, but it might be a handful to learn on.

Rob

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.