seriously needs help badly...

7 replies to this topic
  • illikonoz

Posted February 14, 2005 - 01:35 AM

hi guys i'm seriously confused right now cos i'm going to make a decision to decide whether should i keep my yz400f and upgrade the components or just buy a used yz426.

here's the story....
i'm saving up to get a yz450, but due to unforseen circumstances i used most of the money on a family emergency, so i'm left hanging with my YZ400f. As i was thinking of selling it away to get a used 426 ( thats all i can afford) some one posted this site... http://www.powroll.c...A_YZFWR426F.htm and i realised that i have enough money for this!! from a 400 to a 444cc WOW thats amazing.

so now i have a buyer waiting for me to sell and a 426 waiting for me to say yes and also a deadline for my decision!!! Now every minute my heart is swaying to either bigbore kit or 426.... i'm ging crazy!!

pls with you bros experience in the bike, help me analyze and make a right
choice that i will not regret. i'm going to use the bike for local track days and will be chasing after a lot of crf450 and 450s..... so needs serious advice. thanks!

sorry for the nagging.. :)

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2005 - 11:06 AM

I think that overall you'll be better off with a 426 than a modified 400. Mostly, I base that on the fact that the 426 is lighter by a significant amount, and their suspension is a little more refined. That and they run really good, too.
:)

• ISBB

Posted February 14, 2005 - 12:34 PM

you also might want to read the the other thread in this forum regarding overboring and stroking...

• NAFLASH

Posted February 14, 2005 - 03:32 PM

Personally i think you should just buy the 426 because 1 the weight of the 426 is much less then the 400 and 2 the 426 has titanium valves and just an overall better motor and suspension then the 400 will ever have unless you have a couple grand to blow. just my opinion

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted February 14, 2005 - 03:56 PM

Personally i think you should just buy the 426 because 1 the weight of the 426 is much less then the 400 and 2 the 426 has titanium valves and just an overall better motor and suspension then the 400 will ever have unless you have a couple grand to blow. just my opinion

The 00 still has the steel valves, but the valves are a moot point, the steel or Ti valves will last forever. The other major benefits of the 426 over the 400: improved clutch and improved carb. Me, I'd go for the 426.

• Stookes24

Posted February 14, 2005 - 04:02 PM

if a 400 is going to a 444 it will overheat bad! we have 426's that were made into 444's and they overheated so i am guessing that the 400 would be worse and they are hard to start when warm! i would just buy a 426 myself!

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted February 14, 2005 - 08:00 PM

I would go with the used YZ426F instead of the BBK because it will be more reliable. When installing a BBK on an older bike like the 400, your just asking for problems, if not right away, eventually.

Get the 426. :)

• illikonoz

Posted February 15, 2005 - 11:16 AM

Thanks guys guess i know wat to choose. btw i have another question, can i install a stm slipper clutch on my 426?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.