Restoring height to lowered YZF forks ?? how to??

3 replies to this topic
  • 01wr426

Posted February 13, 2005 - 06:04 PM

A buddy I ride with has a 01 YZF that some previous owner lowered. His forks are a full 5" shorter than my bikes forks. He is over 6 foot tall and needs this put back to specs.
Will he have to buy new forks since they probably cut them & changed the springs as well or is there another cheaper easier method?

Would anyone like to swap stock for lowered forks?
I am 5'9" tall and his bike lets me sit flat footed easily so shorter riders would love these things.

Anyhow, he will end up buying a set off ebay if nothing turns up. I was just hoping to find a better or simpler way.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Eric

• 01wr426

Posted February 14, 2005 - 04:04 PM

valentines day bump for all you Yamaha lovers out there. :) :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted February 14, 2005 - 06:52 PM

Cut springs and spacers is probably how it was lowered. A suspension shop should be able to restore the height back to stock. More than likely you will have to buy new fork srings. Is the rear lowered too?

• 01wr426

Posted February 14, 2005 - 07:19 PM

I swear we cannot find anything different out back.

I can feel where you are headed with this and I agree that it should look like a reversed creation from O C Choppers with no mods to the back. LOL!!! picture that!

My friend has way less patience than me and bought a set of forks off Ebay last night to fix his bike so I will be knee deep in this by this weekend I bet. I cant wait to see what happens when he puts in the stock forks and the rear looks the same as it does now. :)

What should I be looking for or measuring in the rear?

Thanks for the help,
Eric

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.