Unabiker Radiator Guards any imput

6 replies to this topic
  • fish525

Posted February 13, 2005 - 03:39 PM

dos any body have them and if so how well do they work and if so how about with a over sized tank will they even work :confused:on a 05 wr450

• ARSarizona

Posted February 13, 2005 - 05:32 PM

Try this link for more info on the unabiker guards. If that is not enough info, just due a search for Unabiker or radiator guards in this forum.
http://www.thumperta...hlight=unabiker

• Domenic_WRF

Posted February 13, 2005 - 05:36 PM

My 05 has Unabikers with a Clarke tank..Fit fine, no clearance problems..Unabikers

Rear view Unabiker rear-side

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dunlop

Posted February 13, 2005 - 06:54 PM

Just wanted to ask if anyone had problems putting them on. Well I didnt really have a problem it just took me awhile to get them on and I hope im not the only one.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 13, 2005 - 10:14 PM

I helped BigDavey(tt newbie) put a set on his 04 wr 450 and it was very easy. I was impressed how they went on, and the black ones he got look real cool too. By the way, I watched him put them to the test, serious abuse, and they really did their job. I was so impressed I am ordering a set. :)

• Atlasrider

Posted February 14, 2005 - 08:12 AM

Also check out FLATLAND RACING's rad guards. Similar in the wrap around design. 3 bolts to the frame. 1 color, brushed alu. 75 bucks, and they will give you a TT discount if you ask for it :)

• markyjoe

Posted February 14, 2005 - 02:40 PM

I used a long socket extension to drive in the front mounting bolts to the frame. You have to squeeze the bolt and socket between the guard and the radiator from the side (hence the long extension). Once I fgured that part out it was easy.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.