radiator shroud decals

3 replies to this topic
  • dirtguy

Posted February 13, 2005 - 08:16 AM

the decals on my radiator shoud peeled back within the first couple of rides---probably from hitting bushes (So. Calif. desert). any good aftermarket sets that stick??

• dirtr1der

Posted February 13, 2005 - 06:42 PM

I bought some from XGX racing last year. The shrouds still look brand new after about 700 miles of Michigan woods riding last year. Their matching tank graphics, however, bubbled with the escaping gas fumes a few weeks after I put them on.

I sent an e-mail to the company at the end of the summer telling them of the problem and they sent me a new set of tank graphics free of charge with an apology. I don't have any miles on the new tank graphics, but the letter they sent me said if the second set did not work, to call them and they would try again. They were working on a new adhesive last year.

They have a website if you want to check it out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Oasis_Flame

Posted February 14, 2005 - 01:00 PM

Dirt, had the same thing on my ride. After two weeks the tank graphics went nuts. They did send me a second set last year but have not insalled them yet. I hope they improve the glue, the art work is cool.

• kurtdb1

Posted February 14, 2005 - 03:40 PM

same thing here...my 05 with 2 rides...the decals started peeling back, so I just ripped em off....will wait a while to install new...I will let the tank have gas in it a while before installing new ones.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.