Differences in WR426 00' 01' & 02'

2 replies to this topic
  • NuckingFuts

Posted February 12, 2005 - 07:01 PM

Do you guys know what changes were made on the WR426 from 2000 to 2001 to 2002?

Im looking to pick up a used WR426 and Im unsure about which year is the best (only that newer is better in my book). If they are vertually similar beasts then I wouldnt have a problem picking up an 01' instead of an 02'.

I appreciate any knowledge you guys have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • firezwr426

Posted February 12, 2005 - 07:22 PM

01+ added titanium valves, better carb with hot start, and I think improved suspension..
feel free to add and correct me as needed....

• Cmott426

Posted February 12, 2005 - 08:21 PM

The 2000 was still a 400. Nothing major between 2001 and 2002 models. But still had some changes unlike most other bikes that just got "Bold New Graphics". Yamaha is on the ball with the racing 4 strokes and every year they are improving.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.