Baffle/Throttle Screw Changes - wow

3 replies to this topic
  • Old Man Rider

Posted February 12, 2005 - 05:08 PM

Pulled the baffle and replaced the throttle screw with the YZF screw today - rode the bike down the street and had to hold on - what a huge difference - this is now the bike I wanted!! Thanks to all the directions on the changes are awesome - if I can do it anyone can.

Still debating on the grey wire? It seems that some of the threads say to just leave it?

• Yamadog 450

Posted February 12, 2005 - 05:18 PM

Hey OLD MAN, are those the only changes you have made to your 05? I have 160 miles on my 05 450 and hjave done the baffle and snorkle only. Cb

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Old Man Rider

Posted February 12, 2005 - 05:44 PM

That's it so far

• motodude42

Posted February 13, 2005 - 08:20 AM

Pull the grey wire out of the harness under the tank, If you don't like the results, slip it back in. :) I would be willing to bet that you will leave it out. Make sure you re-jet, the bikes come very lean, and now it is even leaner now that you opened up the exhaust. Have fun and hold on tight.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.