Radiator Leaking -Need sugestions

2 replies to this topic
  • M@T

Posted August 08, 2001 - 03:47 PM

I'm not sure what kind of solder/flame to use on aluminum. Have tried some regular lead-free pipe solder and flux that I had on hand but it would not take. Also interested in alternative fixes if anyone knows of any.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted August 08, 2001 - 03:52 PM

I had a 95 KX500 with only about 20 hours on it and the plastic rock guards just in front of the radiators actually created a hole in the right radiator due to the excessive vibrations. I drained (what was left) all the coolant, used a cleaner to ensure all the antifreeze was off the damaged area, then fixed it with JB Weld. Worked great.

'98 WR400, S-3B Viking

• Scott_F

Posted August 09, 2001 - 05:02 AM

Fontana Radiator in SoCal does fantastic motorcycle radiator repairs.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.