WR426 SuperMoto bits - - Advice needed

2 replies to this topic
  • WR Riffton

Posted February 11, 2005 - 05:44 PM

Can someone tell me if all the main parts needed to SM my 426 are pretty much the same from '99 models onwards?? The same goes for 400/450 and YZ stuff too.

I keep coming across stuff on Ebay, such as 320mm front discs, caliper brackets, chains, wheels etc, for models across the board, but I'm uncertain as to whether the YZ/WR 400/426/450 models and years are all cool to use the same stuff on???

The main reason I ask is that I've had problems with my '02 WR426F. I ordered a DEP Enduro Pipe for it, but it didn\'t fit (bracket was a couple of Centimetre's out). Both myself and the dealer assumed it was a fault and a one-off. I then asked for another one (but a YZ pipe instead as the WR pipe didn't really have as much power/noise as I wanted) and it had exactly the same problem!!!! :)

We concluded that because my WR is such a late model (reg'd 04, and they stopped producing them in late '02) it may have a WR450 frame. Either way the frame spec seems different than a regular '02 WR.

With this in mind, I figure that I just might have all sorts of probs if the parts that I need have not been manufactured to fit all WR/YZ's (depending on which bids I win!!) The wheels aren't really an issue as I'm having these rebuilt - but obviously my frame is different. Are such things as brakes spindles, bar clamps, chain lengths etc etc homologous on all models? :)

Any advice would be well appreciated as I really want to get moving on the conversion pretty soon!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted February 11, 2005 - 06:48 PM

I don't think your 426 would have a 450 frame. It's more likely that the exhausts they've sold you have been for a 450. Only other thing is, did you buy it new? If not, a previous owner may have fitted 450 subframe, airbox, sidepanels, seat, tank etc, in which case a 426 exhaust bracket would prob'ly be out by a couple of cms? Unlikely that is the case, but I can't think of another reason why 2 exhausts wouldn't fit a 426. Unless they're to suit a 450 of course.....Let us know what you discover. :)

• ddold

Posted February 11, 2005 - 06:59 PM

When I sold the SM stuff off my '00 WR, it was swapped straight on to a '02 WR and fit fine. I'm running his stock wheels and braking setup, including caliper and master cylinder.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.