xr650r clutch replacement...extra fiber?

6 replies to this topic
  • Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted February 11, 2005 - 07:44 AM

Picked up new clutch internals for my 2002 BRP today. They sold me 6 plates, 7 fibers, ans one "special" "different" fiber. What is this for? Is this the extra piece I have read about as a fix for our clutches? Where does it go in the clutch? Does anyone understand? hello....Bueller?

• frankstr

Posted February 11, 2005 - 07:53 AM

The extra peice is a metal disc that I've installed in my pig.....According the the information that I've read..It's working great..No prob...
Maybe it's a improved design, Realizing ther was a need for a better set up :cry:

• TimBrp

Posted February 11, 2005 - 08:16 AM

No frank it's not. The extra disc is a fiber that comes with the kit. If you look on the exploded view on Service Honda there is a fiber Plate A. and a PlateB. Put the smaller fiber in first and then go with your normal sequence of metal/fiber.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted February 11, 2005 - 12:50 PM

so, after putting in the extra fiber, I put in a regular fiber right on top of it, followed by metal/fiber/metal/fiber/metal/fiber/metal/fiber/metal/fiber/metal/fiber? I do believe there to be 8 total fibers now and only 6 metals. Does this sound correct? My 650 shop manual does not account for this extra fiber.

Also, should I soak these in oil before assembly?

Thanks,
Chris

• frankstr

Posted February 11, 2005 - 12:52 PM

I don't know about the xtra fiber :cry: ,But you do need to soak them in oil before installation :cry:

• TimBrp

Posted February 11, 2005 - 01:13 PM

You should have mult. normal looking fibers and then one that doesn't have as much fiber material on it with regards to height. If you put them against each other you'll see the difference. Soak them for sure for about a half hour. Start, right after the judder, with the small fiber than go metal than go to regular fibers and then metal..etc.etc.

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 11, 2005 - 06:20 PM

This is what Precision Concepts sells you for a clutch replacement;
4- HD springs
7- 22201-MW3-960
6- 22321-KA4-710
They even took my buddy into the shop and changed one on Johnny Campbell's bike to show him how to do the job.
Expect to pay list price...Best price is Service Honda by 60 bucks.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.