2004 Triple Clamps

4 replies to this topic
  • spiceboy

Posted February 11, 2005 - 05:41 AM

I've searched for the answer to this but am still confused..!!

I want to fit a fatbars/triple clamp setup to my '04 WRF450 and was all set to order a Pro Taper adjustable one for an '03 YZF450 from rocky mountain, but they tell me that it won't fit my bike. I'm aware that some mods to the odo bracketry will be needed.

I'm pretty sure that it will fit from what I've read on here, but can anyone who's actually done it confirm for sure ?

Also, rocky mountain list a Longhorn clamp for an 04-05 WR450, but I thought the forks were different sizes between the 04 & 05 models, maybe the outer assembly tube is the same OD??
Any one have experience of the quality of 'Longhorn' brand??

Any help greatly appreciated as I'm ordering from the UK & don't want to get something I can't use!

• ncmountainman

Posted February 11, 2005 - 06:17 AM

03 yzf/same as 04 wr, 05 wr/same as 04 yzf. you are correct that the 03 yzf clamps will fit your bike. the longhorn brand may have a set that is in reality too big for the 04 and too small for the 05(tryin' to save manufacturing costs?) or it could just be a misprint. you get what you pay for most of the time! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • un450azul

Posted February 11, 2005 - 07:40 AM

The Pro-Taper clamps will fit fine but the triple clamp bolts are forward facing instead of side facing and modification to the brackets will be required. You’ll need to bend the number plate bracket tabs 90 degrees and do a slight mod on the odo bracket.
I have a Pro-Taper upr triple (fat,new) sitting in the garage, PM me if you like (switched to GPR/Applied).

• spiceboy

Posted February 11, 2005 - 09:03 AM

I tried to PM you, not sure if it worked tho'
PM me back if not

• Jackazz

Posted February 11, 2005 - 10:07 AM

Spice Boy...

Been there, done that.

Look Here.

If you go this route, you'll want bend the "wire-connector bracket" on the left hand side of the top triple clamp like so...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.