Cross Country in California

1 reply to this topic
  • rakkno

Posted February 08, 2005 - 05:43 PM

Hello all,
I just joined District 36 in California and am racing my first Cross Country race on March 5-6. I am brand new to this so I am looking for any info I can get. I have a 2001 yz426 with a e-series White Bros pipe. I need to queit it a bit but am not sure if I need to be stock or can get another aftermarket pipe. Also I really am not too sure what to expect in the race. Is there fuel stops? Any special things I need to do to my bike? I don't want to get there and not be prepared. Thanks for any help. R

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CISCO

Posted February 08, 2005 - 08:35 PM

You will want to quiet the beast. Try a White Brothers E2. Its pretty quiet.

There are usually fuel stops past 45 to 55 miles. Bring lots of hydration, and just ride your own race.
Dont blow your wad in the first 20 miles trying to pass everyone, do that
towards the end.
Also learn how to get your bike to start on 1 kick, as the races are typically dead engine starts.

:cry: Have fun.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.