Getting it up is one thing ...

3 replies to this topic
  • Eliems

Posted February 08, 2005 - 01:14 PM

But keeping it up is something else! I have seen a few videos with riders up on their back wheels all the way around the track, even climbing over cars and standing on their seats!

Now I am not inclined to become a circus act but it would be nice to keep the front wheel up as long as I want along a smooth track ... How do you do that?????

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 08, 2005 - 01:20 PM

Just go riding with your local TT member Simon@Vic :cry:

He can ride wheelies all day! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MathProf

Posted February 08, 2005 - 01:27 PM

I have a friend that is very good at riding wheelies.

So everyone has to try to beat him, of course.

The big trick is to balance the use your rear brake and throttle to keep the bike at the balance point.

Some ride wheelies as long as the motor will pull the front wheel up, but these don't last very long. The really long wheelies require you to get the bike up to the balance point and keep it there.

If the front wheel gets too high, drag the rear brake. If the front strats to drop, give it gas. Repeat ad nausem.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted February 08, 2005 - 06:36 PM

Well, those guys remove their from brake caliper and hook up a DC motor to roll the front wheel so it acts as a gyro, usually hidden with a disc guard). Once you pull it up, turn the motor on and you can wheelie all day. Next time you see that, take a look at the front wheel, even after being on a wheelie for 5 minutes, you will notice the wheel spinning so fast, you cant see the spokes. Normally the wheel would of stopped long before that. Also, plain old balance works great, but I can only wheelie till I generate too much speed then I have to se it down. The faster you go, the easier it is to turn on a wheelie. I use the balance type and always seated with my foot ready to tap the brake. Wheeling uphill is easiest as the bike doesnt pick up speed quite as much. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.