holeshot device

5 replies to this topic
  • thumpinberry

Posted February 08, 2005 - 10:21 AM

is it necessary,could you do without it.i raced a 250 last year a few times but now i have a yz450f and i havent really worked on starts yet :cry:

• grayracer513

Posted February 08, 2005 - 10:56 AM

They do help keep the wheel down on launch. When you're trying to be the first guy in the corner, every bit helps. You decide how bad you want to be there first.

• riderman329

Posted February 08, 2005 - 11:34 AM

i raced a 250f last summer indoors and outdoors and i didn't need one

this winter i got a 450 and i put a hotshot device on it and used a a few times, i did really like it, i just didn't seem right to me, when i was riding. i'm gonna sell it!!!!!!

so i did 6 starts, 3 with the hotshot device and 3 without and i didn't seam have a problem with the front wheel coming off the ground at all. see it not what things you can't put on you bike it how you handle your bike! if you just lean forward you woun't have problem with the 450 on starts, also don't start in first gear

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzfmxer

Posted February 08, 2005 - 01:43 PM

I put one on my bike, I noticed a big differnce on starts. It only works good on dirt starts though, Motocross action did a test awhile back, and they acutually lost time on concreate starts with the device, but gained time on the dirt starts. Like I said it helped me alot on starts, And hey all the pros are using them, so there has to be somthing to it??

• 642MX

Posted February 08, 2005 - 06:12 PM

I don't have one, but I'd like to have one. Any used ones for sale?

• riderman329

Posted February 11, 2005 - 02:30 PM

I don't have one, but I'd like to have one. Any used ones for sale?

i sent you a pm!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.