Front Sprocket Guard

5 replies to this topic
  • dangermouse007

Posted February 08, 2005 - 08:11 AM

Do you guys have both Front Sprocket guards on or just the Metal one.. reason I ask it all the mud/grass and stuff.....just gets stuck behing it and me mate on his CR only has the Metal one on ?????

• 5valve

Posted February 08, 2005 - 08:15 AM

I removed both and replaced with home made alu 0,3in thick guard that already withstood two chain breaks with no colatheral damage

• dangermouse007

Posted February 11, 2005 - 03:31 PM

Bounce

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted February 11, 2005 - 03:36 PM

ya, the chain is way happier without the plastic part. i've been running it with just the aluminum part and probly need to go with a heavier gauge or i was thinkin' maybe stack two together. anyone have an extra layin'round? :cry:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted February 11, 2005 - 06:38 PM

I just run the aluminium part, it polishes up nicely too for added 'bling' :) If you just use the alloy bit, be sure that the bolts don't bottom out in their holes. I seem to recall having to use different bolts on my 426.

• dustdogg

Posted February 11, 2005 - 07:10 PM

I just run the aluminium part, it polishes up nicely too for added 'bling' :) If you just use the alloy bit, be sure that the bolts don't bottom out in their holes. I seem to recall having to use different bolts on my 426.

I recently ditched my plastic guard too. I kept the aluminum "case saver" behind it. Watch the stock bolts, mine bottomed out before it tightened up. I found some allen head bolts (metric) at Lowes that worked perfectly :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.