is the o5 yz250 fasyer the the wr450f

8 replies to this topic
  • new2fourstrokes

Posted February 08, 2005 - 02:04 AM

guy's what is the faster bike in a straight line..

• ThumperKid250F

Posted February 08, 2005 - 03:25 AM

o boy here we go again. :cry:

it depends on how they are geared but stock, the wr 450 will be faster in a straight line cuz it has a WIDE ratio gear box.

• new2fourstrokes

Posted February 08, 2005 - 03:46 AM

sorry guy's I'm new to this.. i did do a search but it didn't show the topic that i asked sorry for any inconvenience.. :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 08, 2005 - 04:17 AM

I would say below 40 mph the YZ250 is quicker but after that the WR450 is faster and has the torque to get up and go from higher speeds. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MathProf

Posted February 08, 2005 - 05:37 AM

It has been said that, in the hands of equal riders,

the 2 stroke will go faster but will require more rider effort and attention to detail.

The 4 stroke will be easier to ride fast for a longer period of time but you won't feel as fast. "Feeling" doesn't mean you are not going fast, I just means the bike requires less rider input to position and handle the bike.

• new450

Posted February 08, 2005 - 08:39 AM

The YZ will be quicker (time)
THe WR will be faster (speed)

• un450azul

Posted February 08, 2005 - 04:31 PM

At a recent desert race (DMC) my buddy and I lined up next to each other for the bomb run (~1 mi.), he on a yz250 (tweeked), me on a WR450F. It was a dead engine start so I got off just a little quicker with the button but he quickly caught and passed me. I caught him just as I grapped 4th and we stayed side by side till the end of the bomb, he was WFO and I was half throttle 5th gear. I didn’t dare go any faster because the front was washing badly in the whoops.

Ordered the GPR stabilizer the next day so that next race he’ll have a different view of me. :cry:

• CraigW

Posted February 08, 2005 - 11:32 PM

How long is the straight line ?

I have both, so I can comment on this matter. I posted a riding comparison a few weeks back. Do a search under my name.

As mentioned before, the wide ratio box on the WR gives it a greater top end. However, gearing the YZ could make you match it.

Power wise they probably make similar numbers, however in very different places in the power band, the YZ being much more responsive in the mid range. Very different bikes in their characteristics and use. That why I wanted both :cry:

• new2fourstrokes

Posted February 09, 2005 - 12:39 AM

lets say to top gear will the yz bet the wr...1st 2nd 3rd 4th what will be quicker standed gearing...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.