is the o5 yz250 fasyer the the wr450f

It has been said that, in the hands of equal riders,

the 2 stroke will go faster but will require more rider effort and attention to detail.

The 4 stroke will be easier to ride fast for a longer period of time but you won't feel as fast. "Feeling" doesn't mean you are not going fast, I just means the bike requires less rider input to position and handle the bike.

At a recent desert race (DMC) my buddy and I lined up next to each other for the bomb run (~1 mi.), he on a yz250 (tweeked), me on a WR450F. It was a dead engine start so I got off just a little quicker with the button but he quickly caught and passed me. I caught him just as I grapped 4th and we stayed side by side till the end of the bomb, he was WFO and I was half throttle 5th gear. I didn’t dare go any faster because the front was washing badly in the whoops.

Ordered the GPR stabilizer the next day so that next race he’ll have a different view of me. ?

How long is the straight line ?

I have both, so I can comment on this matter. I posted a riding comparison a few weeks back. Do a search under my name.

As mentioned before, the wide ratio box on the WR gives it a greater top end. However, gearing the YZ could make you match it.

Power wise they probably make similar numbers, however in very different places in the power band, the YZ being much more responsive in the mid range. Very different bikes in their characteristics and use. That why I wanted both ?