Edelbrock QS carburetor settings ANYONE???

12 replies to this topic
  • HondaXR650R

Posted February 07, 2005 - 09:19 PM

OK, I installed my Edelbrock carb just the way it came, with the 19E needle in it... I got it to fire up once, but after that all it wants to do is flood out.

:cry: Can anyone tell me which needle to use and how many clicks to start out using? :cry:

My bike is "uncorked"... exhaust drilled out 2", K&N air filter, HRC 42mm carb intake manifold.

There has to be someone out there who knows something that works by now... :cry: Can anybody help me? :cry:

• BWB63

Posted February 07, 2005 - 09:36 PM

Sounds like you got trouble. Mine is 16 clicks on the needle. and 3 turns out is a good place to start on the pumper. I have a 19 needle in one and a 17 in the other.

• HondaXR650R

Posted February 07, 2005 - 11:33 PM

:cry: THANKS :cry: for the guidelines! I'll try 16 clicks with the 19E needle and 3 turns out on the pumper and post results... :cry:

• CAM2R

Posted February 08, 2005 - 03:35 PM

Mine wouldn't run worth a dang with the 19E while using the stock drilled tip with the baffle disc intact and a UNI - Seems like they assume that you are running a free flowing can and have some holes in the airbox cover. I swapped out to the leaner needle and got it running great with the drilled tip. With the HRC tip it seems more likely that the 19E would work adjusted down a bit.

I'm fearfull of opening up the side cover - sometimes I find mud puddles that get up over the top of the carb! :cry:

• highmark1

Posted February 14, 2005 - 01:36 PM

where did you guys get your edelbrocks from? Ive been waitin 6 months for mine and Im about ready to find another source. I keep hearing any day now.

• jws

Posted February 14, 2005 - 01:42 PM

Re: edelbrock settings

i played with it for a couple of days and this is what i came up with..........

at sea level with stock pipe, HRC tip, UNI filter and airbox mod mine is set at

19e needle
12 turns out
1 1/2 out on the pump

my bike runs like a raped ape and i couldnt be happier with the edelbrock QS :)

i bought mine from barnum.

jeff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • highmark1

Posted February 14, 2005 - 03:31 PM

jws, when did you get from Barnum and how long did it take?

• jws

Posted February 14, 2005 - 07:24 PM

i want to say like last april and it took about a month :)

• YZFnwithme

Posted February 15, 2005 - 06:32 AM

I just ordered one from Barnum - they told me 2 week backlog.

• XRoverall

Posted February 15, 2005 - 06:52 AM

I was told that the backlog was more like 2 months. Anybody have a source that has them in stock?

• BWB63

Posted February 15, 2005 - 07:18 AM

I ordered mine (2) in May from Barnum. I got one mid September and the second, in December. If you get it from Barnum use your credit card. If you pay cash others might get theres before you do.

• HondaXR650R

Posted February 15, 2005 - 09:21 AM

OK, it's official... My Edelbrock is DIALED-IN with the 19E needle @ 15 clicks and 2&3/4 turns out on the pumper!!! :)

FYI: I bought mine on ebay for :o $400 ;) and the guy had a hundred for sale a few months ago... maybe he still has some? Just search for edelbrock xr650r on ebay.com :)

:D THANK YOU :D for everyone's input!!! You made it a lot easier for me to dial-in my QS! :p

• highmark1

Posted February 15, 2005 - 07:14 PM

Glad you got it dialed in. I will probably be back here getting tips on mine if I ever get it.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.