04 WR450F air cleaner snorkel Q's

6 replies to this topic
  • Gadsen

Posted February 07, 2005 - 04:03 PM

OK, I was going to rip out my snorkel from my air cleaner on my 2004 WR450F. I purchases this new from Canada and missed out on all the free mods :cry: as I had no grey wire, no throttle stop. Now it appears I have no snorkel to remove :cry: Here is the picture Does this snorkel delete apply to the 04WR's? Or did I miss out in another free mod with my import? :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 07, 2005 - 05:38 PM

Looks like the snorkel is removed on that bike. :cry:

• Divetruck

Posted February 07, 2005 - 11:11 PM

I have the Aussie 04 wr450 and that is the way they come. No snorkel.

Also I have modified the stock muffler, which is the same on the Canadian model as well. If you like, I can send you some photo's of what I have done.

It is a cheap and easy mod, which make the bike more responsive, and give it a nice note, but not too loud.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450_in_Turkey

Posted February 07, 2005 - 11:15 PM

The European one is like that. No snorkel :cry:

• correcaminos

Posted February 08, 2005 - 03:07 AM

In Spain, those bikes have the snorkel and the AIS

• gregwr450f

Posted February 08, 2005 - 03:31 AM

I have the Aussie 04 wr450 and that is the way they come. No snorkel.

Also I have modified the stock muffler, which is the same on the Canadian model as well. If you like, I can send you some photo's I what I have done.

It is a cheap and easy mods, which make the bike more responsive, and give it a nice note, but not too loud.

G'day Divetruck
What have you done to your muffler, I would be interested to see the photos,
I had my standed pipe modified by a bloke in Melbourne for $250 which opened it up and gave it a better note :cry:

• Divetruck

Posted February 08, 2005 - 04:01 AM

Greg,

I have sent you a PM, but basically I have removed the original "stinger pipe" and have replaced it with a 20cm length of 1.5" o/d stainless tube, that butts up against the existing baffle. This keeps the noise down. I played around with a few different configurations and found that this was the best. It probably cost less than $20 to do.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.