valve shims

1 reply to this topic
  • nuggets18

Posted February 07, 2005 - 12:50 PM

this is my first valve adjustment. i,m still within specs but getting close should i adjust now or wait till i,m out of specs? also do the shims come in 5ths increments only? any help would be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frostbite

Posted February 07, 2005 - 01:29 PM

Yamaha only sells in 5ths. One TT'er suggested having the shims machined down to exactly what you want.
If you're on the tight end of the exhaust valves you might want to change now rather than risk a burnt valve. If it was me I'd leave snug intakes go, which I did, and ran into a bit of trouble, so maybe I should've changed them. If your clearances are closer to the loose end I wouldn't worry too much.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.