what does a 426 motor weight

3 replies to this topic
  • R_Little

Posted February 07, 2005 - 10:10 AM

Just curious. Anyone know?

Maybe you guys who have shipped motors know?

Thanks

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 07, 2005 - 11:05 AM

I think it is about 60 lbs. I remember pulling it out of my frame by myself and thinking it was lighter than I thought.:cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted February 07, 2005 - 11:07 AM

hey dan,how goes the 490 beast?

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 07, 2005 - 05:45 PM

The 490 kit with SS valves & springs turned out very well with 12:1 compression ratio. It really runs about the same fuel mileage, pulls slightly less than the stocker down low due to the heavy cam springs and lower compression. absolutely rips through the midrange and top end. Mainly due to the polish & port work done allowed the bike to rip very well. It really likes to lift the front end again. I am very pleased with the results. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.