What Seat To Buy ??

5 replies to this topic
  • Unibomber

Posted February 07, 2005 - 08:35 AM

I dont think I can stomach too many more rides with the stock '04 yz450 seat. You guys that have an '04 know what im talking about. Its a butt puncher. After a long ride it feels like I took 300 paddle slaps from the principle. So what did you replace your stock seat with. Im 5'11" so im not sure a high foam seat would be a good thing or not :cry:

Unless its that more confortable, I need comfort, or at least as much as my 426 had. Your Input Please !!!!!!!! :cry:

• 642MX

Posted February 07, 2005 - 10:16 AM

Take your seat to a trim shop, they can replace your foam with something a little more rider friendly.

• FOUR41

Posted February 07, 2005 - 03:33 PM

SDG makes a good seat for $85. I have the tall version and it took quite a while to break in (getting it wet when washing seemed to help) but its pretty good now.

I think Guts Racing, One, and Ceet all have versions too. Anybody else had experience with those? Ouch I hate to say this, but anything close to the comfort of the honda seat?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dustdogg

Posted February 07, 2005 - 04:51 PM

SDG makes a good seat for $85. I have the tall version and it took quite a while to break in (getting it wet when washing seemed to help) but its pretty good now.

I think Guts Racing, One, and Ceet all have versions too. Anybody else had experience with those? Ouch I hate to say this, but anything close to the comfort of the honda seat?

I also have the SDG seat, and it is much more comfortable than the stock seat. The guts foam seams to be a popular choice also, and I've heard that it is softer than the SDG :cry:

• olympus

Posted February 07, 2005 - 07:25 PM

I have SDG too. The guy I talked to at Motosport said they are the company that made the ONE seat. I paid ~$79 for it. No complaints. :cry:

• Satch0922

Posted February 07, 2005 - 07:34 PM

I just bought a new SDG Tall seat for my YZ250 from Motosport Outlet for $79.

I had an SDG tall seat on my 426 and loved it. Did not realize how much till I started riding the YZ250...the stock seat is hard as a rock and not tall enough for me (6'1")

I had the SDG on the 426 for about a year and then another one on it for 6months when I converted it to a 450 clone. Never had a problem with any of the SDG seats.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.