IMS Tank For '05 WR- Anyone Installed One Yet?

2 replies to this topic
  • Seabass

Posted February 06, 2005 - 11:12 AM

I just got the 3.4 Gallon tank for my '05 WR from IMS and was wondering if anyone has installed one yet? I'm a little worried about the fuel lines that come off the bottom of the tank that you have to route thru the motor. It looks like the potential is there for one of these fuel lines to brush up against a hot part of the motor and catch fire. The IMS tank I used on my old XR 650 just had one fuel line that went from the petcock to the carb and it was a much cleaner install. Does anyone know if the Acerbis, ZipTy, or Clarke tanks also use this multiple fuel line set up? :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fish525

Posted February 06, 2005 - 06:07 PM

I just ordered one to day keep us posted I mite return it if it dos not work I have one on my ktm and it worked great :cry: and yes seabass I am fish from the D37 board

• Seabass

Posted February 07, 2005 - 02:57 PM

I installed my tank last night and it worked out OK. You have to hook up the right and left side of the bottom of the tank with a hose and 90 degree fittings that are supplied. Ya just gotta thread this hose away from the exhaust pipe/ valve covers. Other than that it's a real sweet tank! :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.