Michelin Mousse

3 replies to this topic
  • stolidog

Posted February 06, 2005 - 10:37 AM

Who has used?

I know they are not good for Baja Speeds, But what about basic desert racing?

Thanks for any input

• Husky_Forever

Posted February 06, 2005 - 11:12 AM

For the XR 600-650, front use is ok for Baja and desert speeds. I've used them on our different Baja bikes since 92 with great success. 250's use them front and rear in Baja, but open bikes, just front. Tech tube inserts with HD tube and tire combo and slime works great for rear anywhere. Steny

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brrpr

Posted February 06, 2005 - 06:46 PM

ditto all that....

just to add--running mouse is like running maybe 8-10psi...so in the front in the sand its not the greatest...plus you can dent your rims a lot easier in the rocks.

all in all the verdict is still out when it comes to mousse IMHO. but they are worth trying.

getting them on is not nearly as difficult as everyone says...

• Husky_Forever

Posted February 07, 2005 - 08:38 PM

You also might consider tire balls. I know they are more expensive, but they hold up longer than Moose (several tires worth to be exact). We ran last years Baja 500 on a Yamaha Raptor using them, carbon fiber wheels and Razor tires with out one problem for 465 miles. In fact, 9 months later they are still going strong. I know it is a quad, but our team hit a lot of BFR's on the course plus two complete endos by one rider and no tire failures at all.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.