look at this

4 replies to this topic
  • tammie

Posted February 05, 2005 - 05:01 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...Pr4_PcN__Stores

anyone used this cooling system before? is it any good? or is it crap?

• yzfmxer

Posted February 05, 2005 - 05:18 PM

Looks like it mite do somthing?
I believe the compamy is MX Bonz. www.mxbonz.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 05, 2005 - 05:40 PM

They're certainly asking too much for it. Look what's there: a strip of insulating tape and piece of aluminum tube with some fins on it. You can get a roll of the first at Home Depot, and have a Metal Shop 1 student make the other for you in an hour out of $10 worth of scrap.

The tube is located in the coolant return hose, which carries the hot water out of the engine to the radiator. Its function is evidently to cool the water a little before it gets to the radiator, but the coolant spends so little time in the hose that it doesn't have much chance of pulling out much heat anyway. Besides running the coolant through such a large diameter tube puts very little of it in contact with the cooling metal surface.

The tape is better for preventing excess exhaust heat from scorching the lower hose than in keeping the coolant cool, because the hose won't conduct heat well enough to transfer it to the coolant with any effect.

You're better off sending me $60 to e-mail you a flattering message once a month.

• thumper245

Posted February 05, 2005 - 09:45 PM

You're better off sending me $60 to e-mail you a flattering message once a month.

LOL I will do that for half that price hahahah

• grayracer513

Posted February 06, 2005 - 12:14 AM

LOL I will do that for half that price hahahah

You get what you pay for, baby!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.