DP'ing a WR...electrical system OK?

6 replies to this topic
  • vrecksler

Posted February 05, 2005 - 04:10 PM

The old TT format had a very thorough listing of all free mods and loads of information for the WR's, and if it is still around please post a link and I will go there.

Anyway, I want to plate a WR 450 and know very little about its wiring. Can the existing harness and stator support a DOT light (with low and high beams), as well as turn signals? My last DP (dual purpose) was a DRZ S so it had everything I needed but lacked performance. I am in unchartered territory here so I thought I would post up. :cry:

Thanks!

• bdmmotard

Posted February 19, 2005 - 12:29 PM

i'm looking for the same information but for a wr400, if anyone could point me in the direction of some diagrams/instructions. looking to wire up turn signals using stock electrical system. thanks!

• Fryboy

Posted February 19, 2005 - 12:46 PM

Hey Guys,

I suggest speaking with Dale at Trick Dual Sports. He will answer all of your questions.

You will at the very least need a new harness. The stock one will work but will need modifications to do so. The stocker can support headlight, tail light, but not the blinkers, brake switch, turn signals, high/low beam or horn.

I ride WR426 and can tell you without a doubt, the stator is more than powerful enough to run my kit.

See Trickdualsport here:
http://trickdualsport.com/aboutus.html

Ask for Dale :)

Fryboy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 19, 2005 - 01:24 PM

Ditto! Go with the Trick Dual Sport! :) It is a first class design with all you need in a very well engineered package! Don't even consider other brands they either get it wrong ( Baja Designs) or are inferior! :)

• GasAHolic

Posted February 19, 2005 - 02:21 PM

The old TT format had a very thorough listing of all free mods and loads of information for the WR's, and if it is still around please post a link and I will go there. Thanks!

These may be what you're after:
http://www.thumperfaq.com/sitemap.htm
http://www.thumperta...ighlight=sticky

Good luck :)

• doctorchopper

Posted February 19, 2005 - 03:38 PM

You won't have any trouble at all with your 450, it will be even better than my 426 as your 450 has a battery which acts as a big capacitor. my light goeas dim at idle, but comes to life with any sort of rpm, baja designs has a quick release kit for the 450, not sure what its like, but its out there.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 19, 2005 - 04:13 PM

baja designs has a quick release kit for the 450, not sure what its like, but its out there.

:) :p :D :D ;) :D :lol: :D :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cry:

I dont know why people insist on recommending Baja Designs after all the documented horror stories all over TT. :)
It is quick release so you can toss it in the trash! :o

Trick dual sport can be installed permanently or can be removed and turned back into stock set up in about 15 minutes. :lame:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.