Campground @ Downieville, Ca

19 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 07, 2001 - 01:12 PM

Going to Downieville Sept 8/9 for Dave Woods Riding Clinic. Anybody got a recommendation for a campground that can handle a 36ft 5th wheel? The trailer is the same thing Monty Wilson has.

Brian

• Unkle_Moose

Posted August 07, 2001 - 08:28 PM

NVR FNSH I did DAVE'S Class last weekend, it was well worth it. Rode some of the best single track I have ever scene, and the views are awsome. Where we ride out of their was no place to park anything that big. You go about 2 miles up a narrow dirt road where we left from.The best to do is e-mail Dave and ask him. You also might want to check with a Ranger station in the area. I will check and post if I find out anything. Bring lots of water. The Diner in Downieville is a good place to eat, excellent food.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 07, 2001 - 10:20 PM

I'm going to try & call the Ranger station today and order the Tahoe NF map & any OHV maps for the area. Ask for a cg recommendation as well. I read your post on DRN & it sounds like a fun weekend - difficult but fun.

Brian

• ricky1

Posted August 08, 2001 - 05:50 AM

HEY!! Please post info on Dave Woods Riding Clinic. I am close (Tahoe) and VERY interested. I would like ride with some of you and I am sure that area is awsome.

I have never heard of this clinic, any info is appreciated. Thank You all.

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'00 yz426 destroyed by fire in desert race 4/22/01
'81 490 Maico

• Unkle_Moose

Posted August 08, 2001 - 07:25 AM

ricky1 For info on Daves Class go to www.dirtrider.net click on DRN forums, then go to places to ride/organized rides, scroll down to N.Calif Off Road Riding Class.

Yes it is well worth the time and money. When you get to N.Calif Off Road Riding Class read the post by BigBird he tells alot about Saturdays class.

• ricky1

Posted August 08, 2001 - 12:05 PM

Unkle Moose

Thanks for the info. I am trying to get in on the Sept class. I am at North Tahoe, how about you?

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'81 490 Maico

• Unkle_Moose

Posted August 08, 2001 - 12:30 PM

Hey Ricky1 I live down in the bay area (Brentwood) No not where OJ lived:rolleyes

We vacation every year up at Incline Villge I wish I lived up there. Is their any good riding up around there. Good luck on the class it was a blast.

• Terry_in_Reno

Posted August 08, 2001 - 12:48 PM

Uncle Moose,

There is an OHV park with woods single track off I80 in Truckee. The range district is keeping most of it open this year, but the fire has got them spooked, so expect heavy patrol. The riding goes north towards Sierraville and is on either side of Highway 89. Lots of campground to choose from as well. Cottenwood is big enough for a long rig.

• ricky1

Posted August 09, 2001 - 06:10 AM

Unkle Moose

I am in Tahoe Vista, about 10 min. from Incline. Yes there is good riding up here. I do a 30 mile loop, mostly single track, from my house several times a week.
If you bring your bike when you come up here and want to ride e-mail me.
Thanks again, I got in on the Sept 8 clinic.

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'81 490 Maico

• Terry_in_Reno

Posted August 09, 2001 - 07:39 AM

Ricky1,

I live at the bottom of MT. Rose HWY, behind Raley's. If your up for a ride some time I would be interested.

Terry

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 09, 2001 - 11:16 AM

ricky1,
I'll see you at the Sept 8/9 clinic - I'm on a DS WR400. I'll be the guy at the back of the pack, just ahead of the sweep rider......

Brian

• ricky1

Posted August 09, 2001 - 04:42 PM

Brian
I'll be looking forward to it. I always wanted to meet the guy behind the handle (NVR FNSH). What does the "DS" mean?

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'81 490 Maico

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 09, 2001 - 07:43 PM

DS = dual sport(ed), street legal

I got lazy with the typing....

I'm riding Middle Creek (if it's not closed due the fire at Stonyford) on Saturday if anybody's interested.

Brian

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 29, 2001 - 11:05 AM

ricky1,
I changed from the Sept 8/9 class to the Sept 22/23 class.

Brian

• ricky1

Posted August 29, 2001 - 02:48 PM

Fine. Be that way.

Just kidding Brian. I found out about the 22/23 class and signed up for it too! See you then.

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'81 490 Maico

• RetSenior

Posted August 29, 2001 - 05:43 PM

I'll be there Sept. 22&23. I was at the Aug. 4&5 class with my best friend Moose. We camped overnight with just the truck and forgot the sleeping bags and might I say it was chilly. See you there.

------------------
(AMA, Dist.36, BRC) Lifetime Memberships

• Michael

Posted August 29, 2001 - 05:57 PM

George.......Moose and you forgot your sleeping bags????? I didn't hear this part of the story! You two really do need adult supervision - if I'm not around you guys hurt yourselves or forget your gear.

But I guess that is better than sleeping with a drunk Moose in the back of a Toyota pickup after the Quicksilver and having him toss his cookies in the bag.......now that was a rough cold night!!

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:26 AM

I'm looking forward to this class - should be a blast. I'm going to get schooled - both literally & figuratively.

Hey George, can you make sure & check my oil drain plug Sat. morning before we start riding?

Are you guys camping or staying in hotels?

Brian

• RetSenior

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:35 PM

Brian.......haven't decided yet, and you? I want to go to the US Speedway National Championship race Friday, September 21, in Auburn. How about you? We got 3 weeks to make plans.

------------------
(AMA, Dist.36, BRC) Lifetime Memberships

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted September 05, 2001 - 06:49 PM

I'm going to pass on the speedway racing. I'm getting a pass for the 22/23, 29th dual sport ride and we're going to Elkins Flat Oct 20/21. I gotta spend a few nights at home on the weekends :)

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.