Piston choice's for a WR 450 '03'

5 replies to this topic
  • yamaha227

Posted February 05, 2005 - 02:05 PM

Anyone changed the piston on their WR 450?

Found a big crack in mine yesterday so looking for a replacement, Probally something other than the stock cast piston.

The bore looks sweet, can still see the original hone marks, Is it worth giving it a new hone or should i leave the factory original job alone?

• trailriderjoe

Posted February 05, 2005 - 03:48 PM

"Found a big crack" please elaborate.
PICTURES

Inquireing minds want to know!

• yamaha227

Posted February 05, 2005 - 05:57 PM

'big crack' straight across the top from one side to the other. goes all the way through to the underside.

Runs in line with the piston pin, was lucky it held together and didnt cause any more mess :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CHRIS_SARICH

Posted February 06, 2005 - 02:28 AM

How many Kms has your Wr done? Where in Oz are from?

• yamaha227

Posted February 06, 2005 - 11:52 AM

Bike has done about 3,000k's. All off road work and has done one finke desert race which is pretty hard on them.

Still is a bit odd, my brother has a 2000 wr 400 and it had done 10 times the work my 450 has and has never missed a beat.

Live up in Darwin at the moment.

• wantmorepower

Posted February 06, 2005 - 12:00 PM

Try giving Falicon Cranks a call. They offer a 490cc bore I think and maybe even a 500cc bore kit for a YZ or a WR. www.faliconcranks.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.