Punctures on the trail?

21 replies to this topic
  • jasilva

Posted February 14, 2005 - 10:36 PM

Slime sealant :) Put it in ahead of time and you may never realize you've even punctured. It fills and seals in a split second on a moving wheel. Only downside is it runs to one side when the bike is parked so you get a couple of seconds of out of balance wobble before it spreads around the tube again.

Joe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • C-ya

Posted February 15, 2005 - 12:57 AM

I was wondering when someone would mention Slime! I know this is about fixing a flat on the trail, but I'm lazy - I'd rather not have to change it at all! I rode my XR out of the woods, down the side of the road, and back onto the trail after losing the front in a creek. Rode about 6 miles on a flat front. Put a new tube in it at home with no effect on the tire. Well, I'm sure there was damage, but hey - if it's round, rubber and holds the inner tube in, works for me!

My first experience with Slime came at a hare scrambles. Pulled the bike off the truck with a flat front. I really needed that tire (I had 2 sets of wheels mounted with an intermediate and a sand/mud set of tires) and I didn't feel like changing a tube right before the sighting lap. The folks camping next to me suggested I hit the parts trailer and get some Slime, as it was a slow leak - well, slow enough to hold air long enough to watch it deflate. I put about 4 oz. in, rolled the bike around, aired the tire up and have YET to lose air in that tire. I will definitely use it before I race this season.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.