Handlebar, triple clamp, handguard question

1 reply to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted February 05, 2005 - 10:18 AM

I want to upgrade the stock bars to Pro Tapers on my soon to arrive '05, but I won't be able to do it for a couple of months due to cash flow. I also want to get some Cycra pro bend handguards as well, but I want those as soon as the bike comes in a couple of weeks. My question is whether or not there is a handguard setup that will accomodate both the stock bar/triple clamp and then the Scotts setup down the road. If it's just a matter of getting a second end piece, then no big deal, I just don't want to drop another sizeable chunk of cash unnecessarily...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jerryls

Posted February 05, 2005 - 10:53 AM

I'm assuming your talking about the Cycras w/ the triple clamp mount. If that's the case, the setup will work with both the stock and Scotts/BRP triple clamp. For the stock/big bar sizes there is a piece of rubber hose used to compensate for the difference in the bar mount.

But I could be wrong.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.