Best place to buy '05 WR450 ?????

3 replies to this topic
  • cdonowho

Posted February 05, 2005 - 07:31 AM

I'm looking to buy a new WR450. Anyone purchased from motorcycle-brokers.com? Supposedly new in crate for $5,999 + $200 shipping.

Thanks,
Clayton

• clark4131

Posted February 05, 2005 - 08:59 AM

I've never heard a bad thing about them in particular, but it can get sticky with some dealers here in the states if you bring the bike in for service. A lot of dealers are refusing to work on Canadian bikes in an attempt to discourage people from buying them and taking away from U.S. sales. I can wrench at a capable level, but when it comes time to tear into an engine, I prefer to have a certified mechanic do it, just in case something goes wrong. There wasn't one shop, Yamaha, Honda, or independent, in Reno that would touch a Canadian bike, so I went with a dealer out of Oklahoma, which cost me an extra $250 for a total of $6450 out the door. Their price was the cheapest I found, and in the grand scheme of things, the extra cost was nothing compared to the hassle I could be facing down the road. If you want to go the way I did, call Wendy Coordsen and Altus Motorsports, 1-888-477-1500, and tell her I referred you...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 302zman

Posted February 05, 2005 - 09:19 AM

Hello, this is my first post allthough I have been reading these great threads for many months. I bought my 05 wr450 one month ago. I did all the free mods, JD kit, Lowedog kit, zipty fuel screw, and this bike hauls a$$. Getting back to your subject, the best deal I could find was in Corinth Mississippi. It is called Lake Hill Motors. Its a volume cash dealer and does not ship bikes, you have to pick it up. The price was $5699.99 out the door, no other fees attached. I hope this helps, its another option anyway. good luck, or if you have any more questions e-mail me. Later Joe.

• cdonowho

Posted February 11, 2005 - 04:45 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the info. I decided to buy from Larry at Lake Hills Motors. I'm down in Austin so it's a bit of a drive, but I'm always up for a road trip. Especially if there's a new 450 at the end of it!!

Later,
Clayton

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.