99 WR400 horn mounting

5 replies to this topic
  • Bagwell

Posted February 04, 2005 - 08:28 PM

Where do you folks mount the horn for your WR400 when you make it street legal? I have a 99 WR400 and it is street legal, but I need to do the inspection on it. It didnt have a horn on it when I got it, so I need to put a horn on it and I am not sure of the best place to mount the horn and the best horn to use? I wil luse a 3.5 inch econo horn for the time being, but would like to get a better permenant mount horn in the future. I am not even sure where to mount the current econo horn.

Any suggestions and info are appreciated.

• 5valve

Posted February 05, 2005 - 01:39 AM

original position for the horn is in front of the left radiator

• firezwr426

Posted February 05, 2005 - 07:07 AM

under the headlight is the cleanest looking :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bagwell

Posted February 05, 2005 - 08:30 AM

Is there a good horn to be used? Small but loud enough? This 3.5 inch one is kinda bulky for under the headlight.

• Momentum86

Posted July 15, 2008 - 04:38 AM

I have a Wr400 2001 model (last of its kind) and the horn i have has 1 threaded bolt on the back and mine originally was mounted on the same bracket that holds the speedo on. Just to the left hand side of it.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted July 17, 2008 - 08:29 AM

I use a 108 dB Piezo buzzer from Radio Shack as my horn.

Model: 273-057
Catalog #: 273-057
Loud as hell
Stands up to almost any abuse including water.
It has a 2-tone sound that reminds me of a special effects noise used for laser pistols from a 50's Sci-Fi movie. I get a kick out of hitting the horn button and simultaneously finger-gunning my riding buds when I pull up next to them. But then again, I'm a nerd.

I have it zip-tied to the Flatland Racing radiator guard on the left side close-in to the frame.

This is what the horn looks like:
Posted Image

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.