Uncorking Help

2 replies to this topic

Posted February 04, 2005 - 08:26 PM

I have a 01 650L, and am confussed on exactly where to uncork. Can some one please explain where, and do I have to rejet if I already have the dyno jet in ?. Thanks in advance. NEED MORE SPEED.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Haymaker

Posted February 06, 2005 - 03:26 PM

Join http://autos.groups....om/group/xrlug/ and you'll find all you need on the topic. I'd help, but I'm not too familiar with the bike......

• XR650L_Dave

Posted February 07, 2005 - 09:07 AM

It can't be said much better than this:

To these instructions, add removing the airbox snorkel and putting in a foam or K&N air-filter. For a small amount more snot, remove some of the plastic base material of the seat so air can get to the top of the airbox easier.

The only thing different from what I did, was I ground the tab off the bowl instead of the screw.

People may say these mods won't do much with the stock exhaust, but it really does help a great deal- more power, and a lot more driveability.

You can get a little more power by removing the baffle from the stock exhaust- at the exhaust outlet, grind the 2 welds, and remove the 2 bolts.
If you go with an aftermarket muffler, remember to keep it quiet. In the suburbs, keep it stock! Stealth is the key.

With the strock pipe, jet to 55/158 (sea level) and go leaner for more altitude, and go richer if your state runs gasohol (like CT does).

(Dave Closs)

Related Content

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.