TAG METALS glide plate foam, what is it for?

4 replies to this topic
  • Blaster21996

Posted February 04, 2005 - 07:28 PM


I got a TAG glide plate, and it came with a big hunk of foam... does anyone know what the foam is for?

  • YamaGeek

Posted February 04, 2005 - 07:31 PM


Goes between the plate and frame/motor to keep mud from packing in there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blaster21996

Posted February 04, 2005 - 07:40 PM


Fast reply! Thank you very much....

The darn thing did not come with any instructions, I was gonna put some peanut butter on it and eat the damned thing!

  • ncmountainman

Posted February 04, 2005 - 07:48 PM


if its anything like the one that came with my works connection , throw it away. dang thing loaded up with mud and oil and god knows but it weighed over 2 lbs when i removed it,hard as a brick! as long as you spray your hose under there after a muddy ride you don't need it.

  • Blaster21996

Posted February 04, 2005 - 09:31 PM


Thanks Mountainman, It was a bitch to mount, and only protects a little more frame area then the stock WR glide plate! I think I will take it off and order the BRP Skid Plate... :cry:

Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.