04 WR 450 will not start in gear

5 replies to this topic
  • Jflanders

Posted February 04, 2005 - 08:37 AM

I have had the bike a little over 1 year with no problems until now. Electric start only works when in netural. I have checked the conections and all seem good. Any suggestions?

• wildo

Posted February 04, 2005 - 10:47 AM

If That Bike Has A Clutch Switch Thats Probably You Problem

• Bat-450

Posted February 04, 2005 - 02:54 PM

I had the same problem with my bike. There is a clutch switch on the clutch lever perch next to where the clutch cable goes in. There are two wires going in. When the clutch lever is pulled in, the contact is made in the switch, thus enabling the bike to start in gear. When the contacts gets dirty or corroded (as mine did) it wont work. I ended up joining the two wires together... problem solved. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ovrrdrive

Posted February 04, 2005 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, I knocked that wire loose once on a streetbike when I washed it. I felt like an idiot when i told the guy I bought it from and he looked over and plugged it back in...

If you have one, it's right on the clutch handle like they said above. :cry:

• Jflanders

Posted February 04, 2005 - 07:21 PM

Thanks it works now that sure beat taking it to the shop. :cry:

• face_plant

Posted September 03, 2008 - 11:52 AM

search function yay

05 wr 450 will not start in gear
have no wire on the perch only the switch on the crankcase
has done this since day 1 and i put the first mile on it
i did change to yz perch so i could move my hotstart to the right side
i am doing my clutches today and was wondering if there was anything inside i could look for

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.