Keihin FCR MX-41 Carburetor

3 replies to this topic
  • Busanga

Posted February 04, 2005 - 07:09 AM

Has anyone used the Keihin MX-41 carburetor on the Honda XR650R. what are your impressions. How does it compare to the Mikuni and the Edelbrock

• BWB63

Posted February 04, 2005 - 12:04 PM

I have both the Mikuni TM40 and Edelbrock and the Edelbrock bored out to have a bigger venturi. I have ridden a bike with a FCR on it. It was crisp and to the point at all RPM. I road it 26 miles and the XR650R was flawless. The mikuni hung with it at all times but, some of that was rider and area that was being ridden. The FCR could nose the Mikuni bike in a drag but, the FCR had the HRC cam, piston with header and muffler. The mikuni was a stock bike with header and Muffler. Once we got back to the trucks we yanked the tank so he could show me how he had to heat the tank to bend it, shape it to make room for the throttle linkage wheel. He had to grind the chian tensioner for the carburetor to fit. The money and modifications to the bike to make it fit did not make it worth it for me. The Mikuni is so close to the same porformance that it isn't worth it. The Edelbrock is cool but, the low end is not as crisp....it comes on late.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Busanga

Posted February 07, 2005 - 03:21 AM

Thanks you have saved me alot of headaches i do not want to get into heating and bending the tank for a marginal performance gain. interesting about the edelbrock hesitation at low end. is this a glitch or is this a common experience

• brrpr

Posted February 07, 2005 - 08:16 AM

the keihin wont fit with some aftermarket parts, is difficult to jet--especially the needle taper issues....my edelbrock doesnt have any hesitation issues down low.
thats usually caused by the pumper adjustment, oversized valves, poor porting, or lack of back-pressure.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.