• WheelsUp

Posted February 03, 2005 - 07:20 PM

Wide ratio, referring to the tranny.

• mayday

Posted February 03, 2005 - 07:25 PM

:cry: right on TARGET wheelsup :cry:

• Gadsen

Posted February 03, 2005 - 08:25 PM

Does anyone remember way back whern the YZ first came out what they called them. :cry: Hint, they were yellow back then (for those in Rio Linda or too young to remember)

• wildo

Posted February 03, 2005 - 08:28 PM

Wrong Rut :cry:

• Kirk_Ingram

Posted February 03, 2005 - 10:01 PM

Does anyone remember way back whern the YZ first came out what they called them. :cry: Hint, they were yellow back then (for those in Rio Linda or too young to remember)

I remember watching B.Hannah and B.Glover race YZ's at Hangtown (IV ??) as a kid, but I didn't know the YZ had a special name when it first came out.

Ime only about 20 miles frum Reo Linda, may-be thits why I dunno. :cry:

• wantmorepower

Posted February 03, 2005 - 10:12 PM

WR.....could stand for alot of things....

1. Wide Ratio
2. Wild Ride
3. Wrong Rut :cry: :cry:
4. Wrong Rider

List goes on and on

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 03, 2005 - 11:51 PM

Yellow Zinger? :cry:

• Frostbite

Posted February 04, 2005 - 05:49 AM

what dose w r stand for i dont know

WR stands for Wave Runner. :cry: :cry:

• ttr125smms120

Posted February 04, 2005 - 05:50 AM

wasnt it like y zinger? guess being 13 im a little young but i'll take my stab

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted February 04, 2005 - 09:22 AM

If I remember correctly the early ones were called "MX" the YZ came out in 73 I think. Or are you referring to the "IT"
Jim

• Birdie426

Posted February 04, 2005 - 09:49 AM

The original YZ's were silver. The yellow bikes were called "MX", unless you're talking about the factory bikes, which were "OW"'s.

• Bamster

Posted February 04, 2005 - 01:01 PM

woman rider. :cry:

• Gadsen

Posted February 04, 2005 - 06:15 PM

Yellow Zinger? :cry:

Not quite, but real close. It was Yellow Zonkers" , the adds reffered to them as the "Screaming Yellow Zonkers" I remember the candied popcorn, kinda like the fiddle faddle, it was Yellow Zonkers too. I always think of those old yellow and black Yamahas back in the day when I see the popcorn. I was at the Seattle Supercross in 79 when Hurrican Hannah won on a YZ250. It was my first supercross. Now I look at those bikes and wonder how they ever even rode them. Jumps back then would be whoops by todays standards.

• WheelsUp

Posted February 04, 2005 - 07:59 PM

I am just flat out in love with Rick's '02
http://www.thumperta...ttachmentid=744

Hey, did you ever get a chance to get that O-ring part number?

• Gadsen

Posted February 04, 2005 - 08:20 PM

...Hey, did you ever get a chance to get that O-ring part number?

Check your PM's :cry:

• 450high

Posted February 05, 2005 - 02:17 AM

Won't Run

• mayday

Posted February 05, 2005 - 04:02 AM

:cry: WORK RELEASE :cry: :cry: :cry:

• firezwr426

Posted February 05, 2005 - 07:14 AM

Not quite, but real close. It was Yellow Zonkers" , the adds reffered to them as the "Screaming Yellow Zonkers" I remember the candied popcorn, kinda like the fiddle faddle, it was Yellow Zonkers too. I always think of those old yellow and black Yamahas back in the day when I see the popcorn. I was at the Seattle Supercross in 79 when Hurrican Hannah won on a YZ250. It was my first supercross. Now I look at those bikes and wonder how they ever even rode them. Jumps back then would be whoops by todays standards.

sorry but the screaming yellow zonker's were the suzuki rm lineup. :cry: check your history..

• Gadsen

Posted February 05, 2005 - 07:40 AM

sorry but the screaming yellow zonker's were the suzuki rm lineup. :cry: check your history..

I dont need to check, I'll take your word for it. I was going on my memory, but it was over 30 yrs ago. I "could" be wrong.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.