Clutch Lever Hard to Pull

5 replies to this topic
  • comp178z

Posted February 03, 2005 - 06:24 PM

Any mods on making the clutch lever easier to pull on the 450F.... I am used to runnin one finger on the clutch lever with my old 2 smoke. It takes 3 fingers to pull it in on the 450, it has been lubed and lubed. I would like to get it to at least two finger operation. You can do it now, but it is a pain in the ass when you are racing. Are there any mods or aftermarket levers to help with this problem?

• grayracer513

Posted February 03, 2005 - 06:29 PM

A Hinson or GYT-R pressure plate and springs for starters.

• Satch0922

Posted February 04, 2005 - 09:47 AM

Any mods on making the clutch lever easier to pull on the 450F.... I am used to runnin one finger on the clutch lever with my old 2 smoke. It takes 3 fingers to pull it in on the 450, it has been lubed and lubed. I would like to get it to at least two finger operation. You can do it now, but it is a pain in the ass when you are racing. Are there any mods or aftermarket levers to help with this problem?

Do this first.....it's free and trust me it works. IF your not happy after doing this very simple modification then you can start throwing money at it!

"just drilled my lever out today and relocated the cable barrel closer to the pivot point. Made a big difference! Then lubed it all, including the barrels with TriFlow...very nice feel. Here are some pics. http://img.photobuck.../PICT0003_1.jpg
I used a 21/64 bit for the main barrel hole, then an 1/8 bit to drill out and smooth the area where the cable pulls through. Careful not to drill the main hole too deep."

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ONLY4STROKES

Posted February 04, 2005 - 05:51 PM

get new clutch springs.

• machoman_#618

Posted February 04, 2005 - 06:19 PM

extend your clutch arm(cut and weld length to the arm)

• bmwtech330

Posted February 04, 2005 - 06:57 PM

today when i was servicing my 04 450f i found that the clutch cable was a loose, when i looked deeper i found that the stock cable adjuster at the perch,was broken and the adjusting "nut" was spreading wide enough for the threads of the adjuster to slip through and loosen the cable. just make sure to keep an eye on it, my cable had a slight pop feel.just keep a check on it, cause when it is cocked sideways,it can make your cable extremely hard to pull.

-bryan

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.