96 bd's?

3 replies to this topic
  • xrcrash

Posted February 03, 2005 - 02:37 PM

will my 05 wr 450 pass the 96 dB's with the exhaust tip taken all the way out?
i have taken the baffle out but thought i might run even better with it all the way unplugged?

• cgrlvr35

Posted February 03, 2005 - 02:54 PM

I heard its within the limits. I heard with the baffle its around 82-86. w/o the little baffle it jumps up in the 90's. no big different
If im wrong let me know

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toyota_mdt_tech

Posted February 03, 2005 - 06:06 PM

will my 05 wr 450 pass the 96 dB's with the exhaust tip taken all the way out?
i have taken the baffle out but thought i might run even better with it all the way unplugged?

Corked, mid 80's, GTYR or PMB insert about 91-92, uncorked is about 96 or 97. Its pretty noisy. I have an FMF powercore4 witht he quiet core insert and its not as load, plus gives good power.

• simica

Posted February 03, 2005 - 10:20 PM

Just had my '05 WR450 tested at Hungry Valley looking for that 96 number like Yamaha says. I had removed the entire metal tube insert and it tested at 97.5 db. The dealer had removed it for me when I bought it and I did not even realize that there was a smaller insert inside the tube that has a rivot that needs to be drill out in order to remove it. I think that if I remove this "inner insert" and then put the metal tube back in, it will pass at 96. But for closed course racing, I will keep the tube out.

Look in this month issue of Dirt Bike mag for a good picture of this insert.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.