??? from another FNG

9 replies to this topic
  • MortgageRider

Posted February 03, 2005 - 01:14 PM

First off wanted to start by saying hi to you all and what a great board with a wealth of info here.

Question is jetting on an 05 all the free mods done YZ pipe and Lowedog kit soon on the way. Riding 90% of the time at sea level (Ocotillo Wells). It has the usual decel popping and slight backfire.

I know there are many treads on here about jetting but there are so many different setups and combinations being used I don't know the right one for me.

Thanks in advance for the help.
:cry:

• purluvwr450

Posted February 03, 2005 - 01:20 PM

cut the ais tube going from the pump to the head in half then get a two sided nut to fit tight in the hole then close and ziptie both ends, popping and backfire will be gone I swear
!

• MortgageRider

Posted February 03, 2005 - 01:24 PM

The lowedog kit is to eliminate the A.I.S. system with plugs. It is a very clean kit.

I also must add that the head pipe gets to be [COLOR=Red]glowing red[/COLOR] :cry:

• purluvwr450

Posted February 03, 2005 - 01:32 PM

glowing normal, I was saying that the popping and decel are from the ais not jetting, if you want to fix before you get the kit do what I said

• MortgageRider

Posted February 03, 2005 - 01:36 PM

The glowing is not from a very lean condition?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • purluvwr450

Posted February 03, 2005 - 03:40 PM

even after the jetting if your in the dark that thing will light the sky!

• MortgageRider

Posted February 03, 2005 - 04:15 PM

Are you suggesting not to do any jetting? or which setup should I run?

Most I see look like 170 main 48 pilot 70 starter. This sound good?

• purluvwr450

Posted February 03, 2005 - 05:46 PM

I'm not nearly that good just sharing my experiences with you, as for my self, I went for the JD kit and followed the suggestions for my area. :cry:

• jasilva

Posted February 03, 2005 - 07:45 PM

Are you suggesting not to do any jetting? or which setup should I run?

Most I see look like 170 main 48 pilot 70 starter. This sound good?

That should be the correct jetting for you. Also get an 04 needle and try the 4th position from the top.(05 needle is non-adjustable) Also get a zip-ty racing fuel mixture screw. With the 48 pilot you'll have to adjust the idle mixture leaner as the weather warms up.

Joe

• MortgageRider

Posted February 04, 2005 - 10:09 AM

There are 5 different part numbers for an 04 needle. Do I just use the STD one?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.