Front Fork oil Change

6 replies to this topic
  • Ernie_Taylor

Posted February 03, 2005 - 11:49 AM

Never done this before. Anybody know how much oil go's in each front fork.

Also any helping tips will help as will

Info:
WR450, 2003
Everything is stock
5W Fork oil

Thnaks For All Your Help Again
Dirtbike

• deluxe450

Posted February 03, 2005 - 03:32 PM

I just bought oil @ the dealer today, they said 2 quarts would be plenty. I think the process is laid out pretty detailed in your manual.

• unkle_george

Posted February 03, 2005 - 05:09 PM

2 Quarts is enough. It takes enough to completely fill them, then you drain part back out so you'll have a little left over.

I used a soap pumper to drain the level back to what it says in the manual.

It's pretty easy, but a little messy.
Have fun

- Ryan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • atomictom

Posted February 03, 2005 - 05:23 PM

2 Quarts is enough. It takes enough to completely fill them, then you drain part back out so you'll have a little left over.

I used a soap pumper to drain the level back to what it says in the manual.

It's pretty easy, but a little messy.
Have fun

- Ryan

unkle george sorry this is off the fork topic but I have to ask. About the powernow scaryfast; How and where is it different in the overall performance on your 4fiddy? :cry: I have been thinking about one but...how much more power do we need?

Thanks,
Tommy

• unkle_george

Posted February 03, 2005 - 06:08 PM

My old '02 426 is still head and shoulders faster then the newer 450. I'm still trying to even the score with the buddy bike.

I don't have one yet, but I've heard it's noticable, but only sort of worth the $90. It's still on my wishlist though.

- Ryan

• atomictom

Posted February 03, 2005 - 09:34 PM

I see! Well my 04 is a monster down low and way up high. I couldn't imagine much more power in it down low.

Thanks again!
Tommy

• dbone

Posted February 03, 2005 - 11:29 PM

Spring out fully compressed,90mm from top...Just over one qt.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.