Mobile One Recalled

21 replies to this topic
  • Hurricane

Posted February 07, 2005 - 06:36 AM

I didn't really look, I wasn't sure what to look for. I saw another post, I think it was in the yz forum, saying that the gold cap is different and it is not recomended to run in a motorcycle. I think somebody called a tech with Mobil and they said not to run it in a bike. I wish I new for sure because I really like the old red cap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • resslera

Posted February 07, 2005 - 09:34 AM

Of course Mobil 1 is going to say don't run it in bikes, they said the same thing about previous red cap 15w50 and they probably stated they carry a line of motorcycle oils.

If you check the "General" post section I did a post there about the new Extended Performance changes. I found a virgin oil analysis done on Mobil1 EP 10w30 and compared it side to side to previous Mobil 1 10w30 and Mobil 1 15w50 and let me tell you the changes were quite few and some for the better. In a nut shell Boron, Zinc, and Phosphorous all went up along with moly going up to 76 I think which is hardley different than the previous moly levels.

True, it was the 10w30 EP that I was referring to but the levels of antiwear additives were very similar between the old 10w30 and 15w50 which makes me think the same changes occurred to the EP15w50. I bought another gallon of the red cap since it was $19.00 but next the EP 15w50 is going in.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.