Mobile One Recalled

21 replies to this topic
  • bigdrtrdr

Posted February 02, 2005 - 09:05 AM

Went to my local Walmart to pick up my usual gallon of R/C and was informed by the auto parts Mgr. that all Mobile 1 oils except for green cap products were pulled off the shelves last night and are being sent back on a recall notice.
And are being replaced with a whole new product lineup from Mobile.:cry:
I ended up with a gallon of Rotalla 5w/40 synthetic 13.00.
Hope this stuff works OK.
Later,
Eric

• Hurricane

Posted February 02, 2005 - 10:42 AM

Any idea of why it was recalled? I'm going to have to call around and see if any body has any left.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted February 02, 2005 - 11:52 AM

I have seen in other areas of this forum talk about a new "Extended Service" product, But I cant imagine why they would pull all the old stock off the shelves and recall it when they could just have the stores blowit out at a cheap price.

Seams like a lot of hassle
Eric

• Treebanger

Posted February 02, 2005 - 11:57 AM

I called the autozone , no knowledge of recall

• Cmott426

Posted February 02, 2005 - 11:59 AM

Dang, I use Mobile one red cap and I am all out.:cry:

• Eagle426

Posted February 02, 2005 - 12:19 PM

I am an assistant manager at Advance Auto and I know we still have it. Mobil 1 switched bottle styles, but I have yet to hear anything about a recall. I will check this evening when I get to work and let you guys know if I find anything out!

• RCannon

Posted February 02, 2005 - 03:15 PM

I have 4 quarts left. I would be willing to sell them for 100.00 each..lol

I hope this turns into nothing. Its a good product! I believe this is their corp. website. I dont see any recall info...http://www.exxonmobi...m/News_Room.asp

• Beef

Posted February 02, 2005 - 04:24 PM

I use Shell Rotella-T Synthetic, and it works great.

I actually did a LOT of research into the specs of available oils (specifically, Mobile-1, Rotella, and Amsoil). Amsoil is definately the best, but not by much, and Mobile-1 and Rotella-T Synthetic are pretty much tied...so I go with the Synthetic Rotella-T, since it's about HALF the price. :cry:

• Hurricane

Posted February 03, 2005 - 06:25 AM

Where do you find this Rotella at? Is something you get from the mc dealer or can you buy it at the auto parts stores?

• Beef

Posted February 03, 2005 - 06:37 AM

The ONLY place I have found it is at Walmart. I'd love to find another source where I could buy it in bulk, and save even more. I've heard that farmers can buy it in drums...but I don't know where...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MTRSPORTDAN

Posted February 03, 2005 - 08:14 AM

I bought the last 6 quarts that target had by my house. I went to auto zone and they told me they are just changing the bottle. But the weird thing is that all of the old bottles were gone off the shelf. Did everyone buy up what they had or did they send them back??????

• yam314

Posted February 03, 2005 - 10:23 AM

My Autozone had "not for sale" signs on the front of all of the mobil 1

• jha07

Posted February 03, 2005 - 10:27 AM

They are still on the shelves around my area. I'm really curious to see the new mobil oils.

• Ernie_Taylor

Posted February 03, 2005 - 11:29 AM

To funny

I was also at Wallmart here in Canada and all large bottles withthe red cap where gone

All the other bottles where there but in two different sizes 4.4 L and 5 L

Should I be stocking up ????

Dirtbike

• mmbasa

Posted February 03, 2005 - 06:24 PM

Napa sells the Rotella by the gallon, but you need to special order

• Hurricane

Posted February 04, 2005 - 06:24 AM

I went by my Walmart and all red cap was replaced with 15w-50 gold cap. I don't if this is the same stuff??? :cry: I went by Target and they had some individual quarts left so I picked up a couple from there.

• jha07

Posted February 04, 2005 - 04:57 PM

I went by my Walmart and all red cap was replaced with 15w-50 gold cap. I don't if this is the same stuff??? :cry: I went by Target and they had some individual quarts left so I picked up a couple from there.

That gold cap you saw, did you see if it was energy conserving?

• ovrrdrive

Posted February 04, 2005 - 05:37 PM

The ONLY place I have found it is at Walmart. I'd love to find another source where I could buy it in bulk, and save even more. I've heard that farmers can buy it in drums...but I don't know where...

Try a truck stop. I'm pretty sure you can get 5 gallon and larger buckets of it.

• woods426

Posted February 04, 2005 - 06:30 PM

I think you guys need to get out of the WR forum once in awhile, a discussion has been going on about this for quite awhile in the YZ forum. All your questions should be answered here http://www.thumperta...92&parentpage=2

I personally am going to start runnin the Shell Rotella T full synthetic 5-40, lots of people here run it and seem plenty happy with it.

• resslera

Posted February 05, 2005 - 09:01 AM

The Extended Performance 15w50 is still SL and NOT energy conserving

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.